Algorithm to recover missing 12th word (of 12) in BIP39 mnemonic
Algorithm to recover missing 12th word (of 12) in BIP39 mnemonic
Loading saved threads...
jcintexas · External communityPost link
External question — Bitcoin Stack Exchange
Author: jcintexas
Original post: https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/89715
License: CC BY-SA 4.0 — https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/
Adaptation: HTML converted to plain text; contact email addresses removed.
I'm trying to recover my Wasabi wallet. For some reason the 12th word of the 12-word mnemonic I wrote was wrong (not in BIP39 list). I could manually guess up to 2048 times, but was hoping there might be an algorithmic way to work through an array of the 2048 words and associate the result with my public keys for the wallet to find the right word.
I'm a newbie programmer, so any guidance on an approach to solve would greatly help and help me avoid a long manual slog. Thanks.
Quote
Report
ik15 · External communityPost link
External answer — Bitcoin Stack Exchange
Author: ik15
Original post: https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/a/89725
License: CC BY-SA 4.0 — https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/
Adaptation: HTML converted to plain text; contact email addresses removed.
You will have to check up to 128 variants. Try this software:
https://kzen-networks.github.io/mnemonic-recovery/src/index.html
Quote
Report
Greg Tonoski BIP-110 Blake2b · External communityPost link
External answer — Bitcoin Stack Exchange
Author: Greg Tonoski BIP-110 Blake2b
Original post: https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/a/115083
License: CC BY-SA 4.0 — https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/
Adaptation: HTML converted to plain text; contact email addresses removed.
I suggest using the Seed Tool:
https://bitcoiner.guide/seed/
Quote
Report
Post Reply
Checking account access…