Received 1099B for unvested RSU after leaving company
Received 1099B for unvested RSU after leaving company
Loading saved threads...
user1166419 · External communityPost link
External question — Personal Finance Stack Exchange
Author: user1166419
Original post: https://money.stackexchange.com/questions/137901
License: CC BY-SA 4.0 — https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/
Adaptation: HTML converted to plain text; contact email addresses removed.
I left a job in 2019 where I was granted some RSUs that were to be vested first time in 2020. But I never received the RSUs since I left the company before the first vesting.
Today I received a 1099-B for those unvested shares as if they were acquired and sold on the same/next day and I have a capital gain acquired. Is this some error since I never received any stocks? Do I have to report the capital gain in my fed return and pay tax for it?
EDIT: Just got a call from the broker that it was a mistake on their end.
Quote
Report
Post Reply
Checking account access…