Post-BIP-110 fork: Is it necessary to resync from block 0?

Post-BIP-110 fork: Is it necessary to resync from block 0?

Manage alerts

Loading saved threads...

John Smith · External communityPost link
External question — Bitcoin Stack Exchange Author: John Smith Original post: https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/131037 License: CC BY-SA 4.0 — https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/ Adaptation: HTML converted to plain text; contact email addresses removed. I've been running a pruned Bitcoin Knots node with BIP-110 enabled, with Core Lightning connected to it. I only run it when I need to transact, roughly once a week. After BIP-110 was activated, I noticed that my UTXO set became smaller. The last time I ran the node was on 20 August 2026. BIP-110 activated at block 961,632 on 8 August, and Luke Dashjr's hard fork went live on 1 September. I want to use Core Lightning on Bitcoin, not Bitcoin Blake2. Do I need to resync from block 0, or can I simply uninstall Knots' bitcoind package with apt and install Bitcoin Core's bitcoind ?
Quote
Report
Murch · External communityPost link
External answer — Bitcoin Stack Exchange Author: Murch Original post: https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/a/131038 License: CC BY-SA 4.0 — https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/ Adaptation: HTML converted to plain text; contact email addresses removed. Given that there were few blocks between August 8 and August 20th on the BIP110 chaintip, however small your pruned state is, the node should still have the last shared ancestor of the Bitcoin chaintip and the BIP110 chaintip. As Antoine mentioned before me, I would also recommend getting Bitcoin Core from bitcoincore.org instead of a package manager, but other than that, I expect that simply installing Bitcoin Core instead of Knots should do the right thing. If it doesn’t pick up the Bitcoin chaintip directly, perhaps consider calling reconsiderblock on the first block rejected by BIP110, but from what I have heard about experiments at the time, Bitcoin Core just reconsidered the block automatically. Although it should be unnecessary, backup wallets from the directory if there are any, and if you have the space, consider making a copy of the chainstate and blocks directory. After that, try to give it a spin. Feel free to follow-up here if you run into issues.
Quote
Report

Post Reply

Quoted from Forex.com.bd-Editorial External question — Bitcoin Stack Exchange Author: John Smith Source score (net votes, not local likes): 1 Original post: https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/131037 License: CC BY-SA 4.0 — https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/ Adaptation: HTML converted to plain text; contact email addresses removed. I've been running a pruned Bitcoin Knots node with BIP-110 enabled, with Core Lightning connected to it. I only run it when I need to transact, roughly once a week. After BIP-110 was activated, I noticed that my UTXO set became smaller. The last time I ran the node was on 20 August 2026. BIP-110 activated at block 961,632 on 8 August, and Luke Dashjr's hard fork went live on 1 September. I want to use Core Lightning on Bitcoin, not Bitcoin Blake2. Do I need to resync from block 0, or can I simply uninstall Knots' bitcoind package with apt and install Bitcoin Core's bitcoind ?

Cancel quote

Checking account access…