nikkei 225 yen contract on the CME

nikkei 225 yen contract on the CME

Manage alerts

Loading saved threads...

uday · External communityPost link
External question — Quantitative Finance Stack Exchange Author: uday Original post: https://quant.stackexchange.com/questions/22469 License: CC BY-SA 3.0 — https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/ Adaptation: HTML converted to plain text; contact email addresses removed. This may be a silly question on futures trading, but I haven't found a clear answer on the CME website. For the Nikkei 225 Yen contract on the CME , which is denominated in Yen, the margin is also given in terms of Yen, e.g. currently it is 450,000 JPY . I trade this contract via a broker, for example Interactive Brokers (IB) or etrade or any broker offering futures, and also suppose I have a USD base account. How do a brokers in the US (such as IB or etrade, etc.) take the margin paid my account? Do they convert some of the USD into JPY and then retain it as margin? Subsequently, if I had a profit, will they give me back JPY or will they convert it into USD?
Quote
Report
FernandoG · External communityPost link
External answer — Quantitative Finance Stack Exchange Author: FernandoG Original post: https://quant.stackexchange.com/a/22472 License: CC BY-SA 3.0 — https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/ Adaptation: HTML converted to plain text; contact email addresses removed. I cannot say how every broker will do it, but from personal experience: They will ask you for an amount in USD, that its to be calculated using their fx pricing and future valuation. Any margin requirement will be asked in USD and payed in USD. Best Regards
Quote
Report

Post Reply

Quoted from Forex.com.bd-Editorial External question — Quantitative Finance Stack Exchange Author: uday Source score (net votes, not local likes): 1 Original post: https://quant.stackexchange.com/questions/22469 License: CC BY-SA 3.0 — https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/ Adaptation: HTML converted to plain text; contact email addresses removed. This may be a silly question on futures trading, but I haven't found a clear answer on the CME website. For the Nikkei 225 Yen contract on the CME , which is denominated in Yen, the margin is also given in terms of Yen, e.g. currently it is 450,000 JPY . I trade this contract via a broker, for example Interactive Brokers (IB) or etrade or any broker offering futures, and also suppose I have a USD base account. How do a brokers in the US (such as IB or etrade, etc.) take the margin paid my account? Do they convert some of the USD into JPY and then retain it as margin? Subsequently, if I had a profit, will they give me back JPY or will they convert it into USD?

Cancel quote

Checking account access…