MetaTrader 4 T4T can't open expert file
MetaTrader 4 T4T can't open expert file
Loading saved threads...
Owen U · External communityPost link
External question — Stack Overflow Stack Exchange
Author: Owen U
Original post: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/79943607
License: CC BY-SA 4.0 — https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/
Adaptation: HTML converted to plain text; contact email addresses removed.
I'm trying to automate backtests with t4Metatrader, but when I run my command
C:\\MT4_Instance_1\\terminal.exe" /portable "C:\\MT4_Instance_1\\config\\backtest.ini
it opens and tries to run the test, but then shows these errors:
Cannot open file'C:\MT4_Instance_1\MQL4\Experts\ea.ex4' [123]3 17:33:57.145 Tester: cannot start with configuration file because expert ea not loaded3 17:39:11.606
Cannot open file 'C:\MT4_Instance_1\MQL4\Experts\Moving Average.ex4' [123]3 17:39:11.606 Tester: cannot start with configuration file because expert Moving Average not loaded
I triple checked and those files ARE in the folder, so I'm kind of at a loss :( It's for a school project, and I would love to know if anyone has run into this issue, and solved it.
Here is the
backtest.ini
(with some passwords removed of course):
[Common]
Login=loginusernamegoeshere
Password=passwordgoeshere
Server=T4Trade-Demo1
EnableNews=false
[Tester]
TestExpert=ea
TestSymbol=GBPUSD
TestPeriod=1
TestModel=0
TestSpread=20
TestOptimization=false
TestDateEnable=true
TestFromDate=2024.01.01
TestToDate=2024.12.31
TestDeposit=10000
TestCurrency=USD
TestLeverage=100
TestReport=tester\files\report_test-008
TestReplaceReport=true
TestShutdownTerminal=true
TestVisualEnable=false
TestRecalculate=false
TestAutoStart=1
TestGenTicks=1
SkipInvalidTicks=true
Quote
Report
Owen U · External communityPost link
External answer — Stack Overflow Stack Exchange
Author: Owen U
Original post: https://stackoverflow.com/a/79944080
License: CC BY-SA 4.0 — https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/
Adaptation: HTML converted to plain text; contact email addresses removed.
My Python code was adding new lines to the backtest.ini file. I compared it to a backtest.ini file that we knew worked and saw the difference (it suppose to have an
CR
and
LF
at the end in Notepad++).
Quote
Report
Post Reply
Quoted from Forex.com.bd-Editorial External answer — Stack Overflow Stack Exchange Author: Owen U Source score (net votes, not local likes): 0 Original post: https://stackoverflow.com/a/79944080 License: CC BY-SA 4.0 — https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/ Adaptation: HTML converted to plain text; contact email addresses removed. My Python code was adding new lines to the backtest.ini file. I compared it to a backtest.ini file that we knew worked and saw the difference (it suppose to have an CR and LF at the end in Notepad++).
Checking account access…