How to get my BTC out of the mempool, I have 0 skills in crypto

How to get my BTC out of the mempool, I have 0 skills in crypto

Manage alerts

Loading saved threads...

Kelly · External communityPost link
External question — Bitcoin Stack Exchange Author: Kelly Original post: https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/131009 License: CC BY-SA 4.0 — https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/ Adaptation: HTML converted to plain text; contact email addresses removed. I sent my BTC in to the BTC option in the coinbase app. It's confirmed in mempool.space but I want to buy something online with them, how do I use the address for the BTC held in the pool please?
Quote
Report
RedGrittyBrick · External communityPost link
External answer — Bitcoin Stack Exchange Author: RedGrittyBrick Original post: https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/a/131016 License: CC BY-SA 4.0 — https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/ Adaptation: HTML converted to plain text; contact email addresses removed. How to get my BTC out of the mempool, I have 0 skills in crypto Just to clear up a possible misunderstanding... The Bitcoin network consists of nodes. Each node is software running on a computer. For example a self-custodial wallet application. Each node keeps details of unconfirmed transactions in a list called the mempool. Once a node sees a transaction is confirmed, the node removes the transaction from its mempool I bought £35 and sent it to BTC network but I didn't actually have a wallet address yet, You can't send money through the Bitcoin network without a recipient address. The address is used by your app or wallet software to construct the necessary locking script. You can see the recipient address in mempool.space or any other "Blockchain explorer" how do I use the address for the BTC You can only spend money that has been sent to an address you control. Usually that means an address created by a wallet you own. In the Coinbase app I read you have the following options buy Bitcoin sell Bitcoin pay Bitcoin to someone receive Bitcoin from someone The first two don't involve the Bitcoin network. They are creating and resolving a debt owed you by the company and kept track of by them in your account with them. This is not a Bitcoin transaction as such. The third would be used to pay someone from whom you have purchased something, the recipient would tell you their address to put in. The last is used when you sell something, it creates a receiving address for you to give to the purchaser of the thing you are selling so they can use that address to pay you.
Quote
Report

Post Reply

Quoted from Forex.com.bd-Editorial External question — Bitcoin Stack Exchange Author: Kelly Source score (net votes, not local likes): 0 Original post: https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/131009 License: CC BY-SA 4.0 — https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/ Adaptation: HTML converted to plain text; contact email addresses removed. I sent my BTC in to the BTC option in the coinbase app. It's confirmed in mempool.space but I want to buy something online with them, how do I use the address for the BTC held in the pool please?

Cancel quote

Checking account access…