have I lost my $20,000 USD to the Base app?
have I lost my $20,000 USD to the Base app?
Loading saved threads...
beep · External communityPost link
External question — Ethereum Stack Exchange
Author: beep
Original post: https://ethereum.stackexchange.com/questions/170722
License: CC BY-SA 4.0 — https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/
Adaptation: HTML converted to plain text; contact email addresses removed.
Received a significant airdrop for some work I did for a new chain that dropped recently and it's valued at ~$20,000 USD
I was on a trip and only had my laptop which didn't have my MetaMask on it and so I decided to use my Base wallet app on the phone to receive the funds.
I added the custom network, it worked, I could see the new chain and was able to select it and in the app I can see the airdrop and was intending on extracting through to my main wallet when I got home.
During the drive home, on the day same day I received the funds, I saw that I was invited to the Base App beta that I signed up to the waitlist for a month ago. I honestly can't remember at what point I "claimed [the] free username" and that first address became linked to a smart wallet (or maybe it was already a smart wallet), or if this affected it at all - but I could not initiate any transfer regarding those tokens after I updated the app.
I do not have access to a recovery phrase. Base smart wallets only support Ethereum, Arbitrum, Polygon, BSC, Optimism and Avalanche.
non-technical and desperate, please excuse me if anything here is obvious, Coinbase Support is just continuing to give me generic troubleshooting advice despite already detailing that I've attempted them all.
Is it technically feasible for Coinbase to assist me in recovering my funds? I know its on me to have the recovery phrase somewhere and all but from my perspective I honestly had no idea this would completely bar me from moving tokens on any non-supported (re: base smart wallet) networks. I was asked for an EVM address and saw this under my username on Base's app.
Quote
Report
Grace · External communityPost link
External answer — Ethereum Stack Exchange
Author: Grace
Original post: https://ethereum.stackexchange.com/a/172420
License: CC BY-SA 4.0 — https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/
Adaptation: HTML converted to plain text; contact email addresses removed.
I had this same issue April 2026 when I received Celo tokens into my base smart wallet but couldn’t send them out because Celo wasn’t supported. Yesterday I came across this repository on GitHub that provided a solution on how to transfer it out. I’m a developer so it was easy for me to run the tool and send out my tokens to another wallet. You can check it out too, It’ll help you. Better if you’re a developer or know a trusted dev than can help you run it.
GitHub repo -
https://github.com/stephancill/coinbase-smart-wallet-rescue
Npm Package -
https://www.npmjs.com/package/coinbase-smart-wallet-rescue
If you need any help I’ll be glad to assist. All the best !
Quote
Report
Post Reply
Quoted from Forex.com.bd-Editorial External answer — Ethereum Stack Exchange Author: Grace Source score (net votes, not local likes): 0 Original post: https://ethereum.stackexchange.com/a/172420 License: CC BY-SA 4.0 — https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/ Adaptation: HTML converted to plain text; contact email addresses removed. I had this same issue April 2026 when I received Celo tokens into my base smart wallet but couldn’t send them out because Celo wasn’t supported. Yesterday I came across this repository on GitHub that provided a solution on how to transfer it out. I’m a developer so it was easy for me to run the tool and send out my tokens to another wallet. You can check it out too, It’ll help you. Better if you’re a developer or know a trusted dev than can help you run it. GitHub repo - https://github.com/stephancill/coinbase-smart-wallet-rescue Npm Package - https://www.npmjs.com/package/coinbase-smart-wallet-rescue If you need any help I’ll be glad to assist. All the best !
Checking account access…