Can my 539 USDC Solana transaction be recovered?

Can my 539 USDC Solana transaction be recovered?

Manage alerts

Loading saved threads...

Abdel malek · External communityPost link
External question — Solana Stack Exchange Author: Abdel malek Original post: https://solana.stackexchange.com/questions/24529 License: CC BY-SA 4.0 — https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/ Adaptation: HTML converted to plain text; contact email addresses removed. I accidentally sent 539 USDC on the Solana network to the wrong address because I made a one-character mistake in the destination address. Destination address: CpKpD5DCaQd1fpRNpxXqz7WQ3F6WYhuncHRRvhFnQmct Transaction signature: 3NPf8YUpcopJcYzhHyxWh8JxHkvKnNowEx4SwKu8cLzSFqmVJk8v5F8t5JLHyUsaqcxW5C7gaDBTzakwkz2t7KXu When I check the destination address, it appears as "Account does not exist". I would like to understand what happened to the 539 USDC. Did the USDC actually reach this destination address? Can an address show "Account does not exist" while still receiving or holding USDC? Is there any technical way to recover the funds? Is there anything I can do if the address was generated or intended to be a Binance deposit address? I understand that Solana transactions are normally irreversible. I am mainly looking for technical information about the transaction and whether the funds are recoverable. Thank you.
Quote
Report
Nefetari · External communityPost link
External answer — Solana Stack Exchange Author: Nefetari Original post: https://solana.stackexchange.com/a/24530 License: CC BY-SA 4.0 — https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/ Adaptation: HTML converted to plain text; contact email addresses removed. The key point is that “Account does not exist” does not by itself prove the 539 USDC is gone: on Solana, USDC is an SPL token, so the relevant object is normally a USDC token account, not simply the destination public-key account. If your transaction succeeded, the chain records exactly which token account received the 539 USDC, and that account can sometimes exist even when the wallet/address itself has no ordinary account data. The important next step is therefore to decode the transaction signature and identify the actual USDC token-account recipient, its owner, and its current balance; if this was a Binance deposit address, Binance may also be able to identify the deposit internally even if the mistaken address itself looks uninitialized. Recovery depends on that distinction:
Quote
Report

Post Reply

Quoted from Forex.com.bd-Editorial External question — Solana Stack Exchange Author: Abdel malek Source score (net votes, not local likes): 0 Original post: https://solana.stackexchange.com/questions/24529 License: CC BY-SA 4.0 — https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/ Adaptation: HTML converted to plain text; contact email addresses removed. I accidentally sent 539 USDC on the Solana network to the wrong address because I made a one-character mistake in the destination address. Destination address: CpKpD5DCaQd1fpRNpxXqz7WQ3F6WYhuncHRRvhFnQmct Transaction signature: 3NPf8YUpcopJcYzhHyxWh8JxHkvKnNowEx4SwKu8cLzSFqmVJk8v5F8t5JLHyUsaqcxW5C7gaDBTzakwkz2t7KXu When I check the destination address, it appears as "Account does not exist". I would like to understand what happened to the 539 USDC. Did the USDC actually reach this destination address? Can an address show "Account does not exist" while still receiving or holding USDC? Is there any technical way to recover the funds? Is there anything I can do if the address was generated or intended to be a Binance deposit address? I understand that Solana transactions are normally irreversible. I am mainly looking for technical information about the transaction and whether the funds are recoverable. Thank you.

Cancel quote

Checking account access…