BLS v2 API took 20+ minutes to publish data where is immediate data available?

BLS v2 API took 20+ minutes to publish data where is immediate data available?

Manage alerts

Loading saved threads...

FX_NINJA · External communityPost link
External question — Quantitative Finance Stack Exchange Author: FX_NINJA Original post: https://quant.stackexchange.com/questions/22158 License: CC BY-SA 3.0 — https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/ Adaptation: HTML converted to plain text; contact email addresses removed. First, I should state that I built a Java program that uses HTTP Components to keep in sync with server time for my broker. Once 7:29:59 comes around the program begins sending requests to the bureau of labor statistics v2 API so that when the data for non farm payrolls gets published I can immediately hedge and adjust my portfolio before to significant of a move in the market occurs. However last Friday it took over twenty minutes of return no value before the data was finally updated and my orders where filled. I wanted to know if there are any alternative sources I can receive immediate data from?
Quote
Report

Post Reply

Checking account access…